NeverBite was developed by a nail biter for nail biters. Like so many of you I had family members telling me to "get my hands out of my mouth!" for as long as I can remember. I kept telling my parents that I would stop biting my nails when they stopped smoking cigarettes. Guess what? They beat me!
The problem was that while I would sometimes consciously bite my nails, most of the time I didn't even realize I was doing it!
- Subconscious: To address my subconscious biting the solution had to make me aware of my hands at all times. I had no chance of stopping if I wasn't even aware when I was doing it.
- Conscious: To address my conscious biting the solution had to make my nails look better immediately and less tempting to bite.
- nail polish like substances that you put on your nails to taste bad when you put your fingers in your mouth
- advice to have a cheat nail - focus on only one nail to bite while you let the others heal
- recommendation to set goals and get manicures regularly
- suggestions to replace your bad habit with a non-harmful habit - like instead of biting your nails, squeeze a stress ball
There had to be a better way, so I set out to develop it myself. It took months of trial and error, but I finally developed what would become the NeverBite System in November 2015. I started using the System on November 6, 2015. My goal was to stop biting by Thanksgiving, roughly 3 weeks later - when I would see my parents. Not only did I meet my goal, but I knew that something was different this time. NeverBite had broken the habit. I knew I wasn't going back and that was an incredible feeling. To finally be free of bleeding nails and cuticles and have total control was incredibly empowering.